Lands & Environment
The Blackfoot Confederacy Tribal Council Lands and Environment department priorities and strategies include the protection, and sustainable development of lands and natural resources while incorporating traditional Blackfoot knowledge.
• Enhance the coordination, communication and integration of land and natural resource management issues amongst Blackfoot land users.
• Create a Blackfoot Confederacy Environment and Lands Framework.
• Explore the existing and future water needs of the Blackfoot Nations.
DEVELOP A BLACKFOOT CONFEDERACY WATER MANAGEMENT STRATEGY
• Build Capacity for Climate Leadership activities
• Increased community awareness by organizing conferences, meetings and educational activities on climate change, energy efficiencies, renewable energy options and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.